Role of Engagement Strategy:
Obsessive about understanding consumer behavior on a deep, personal level to identify moments that matter most within their journey and define how the brands we work with earn a place in those moments and stay connected beyond that engagement.
What you’ll need to do:
- Provide a deep understanding of consumer behaviors – including insights into emerging behaviors and opportunities based on new technology and platform innovations
- Partner with brand strategists, business analytics and UX pros to develop a holistic view of what motivates our clients’ customers
- Develop rich consumer journeys and day-in-the-life snapshots that provide a 4-dimensional view of the consumer and act as a jumping point for inspiration to produce great work and drive business growth
- Take a broad, touch point agnostic, view to uncover opportunities across all platforms (paid, owned and earned)
- Write and present micro-briefs that define how we take advantage of moments that matter most and work closely with cross-functional creative teams to execute on those briefs
- Collaborate to build plans that work seamlessly together, align with the customer experience over time and activate all key touch points to build ongoing engagements
- Champion the role of each discipline throughout the process to ensure the appropriate specialists are engaged
- Partner with paid media and earned media (social/PR) specialists to ensure the ecosystem mix and creative deployment are moving the needle on KPIs
- Advocate for developing first-of-its-kind experiences via new or existing platforms and plan how to tell that story via earned media
- Lead and/or co-lead engagement strategy across a set of defined clients and work with partners in other disciplines to demonstrate the value of engagement strategy
Experience we’re looking for:
- 2+ years as Engagement Strategist or similar role
- Broad knowledge of the marketing ecosystem and deep knowledge of emerging media vehicles, devices and consumption behaviors
- Comfortable using an array of primary research methods and secondary research tools to prioritize and profile target audiences
- Strong excel skills and ability to visualize data
- Strong presentation skills and confidence to contribute meaningfully in team/client meetings
- Ability to juggle shifting and competing priorities
- Examples of new ways of thinking or doing things that you’ve brought to the table
Allen & Gerritsen (A&G) is a fiercely independent agency in the cities where independence was born, Boston & Philadelphia. Innovation & culture drive its success. A&G runs its own innovation think/make tank (A&G Labs), creates original entertainment through its production studio (A&G Entertainment), embeds brands into the cultural conversation through its Brand Newsroom and creates Brand Experiences that marry a brand’s physical and digital worlds to enhance consumer engagement. Ad Age twice has named A&G the Best Place to Work in U.S. Marketing & Media. To learn more, check out http://www.a-g.com/ or follow the agency on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Allen & Gerritsen is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Unsolicited resumes from staffing agencies will not be accepted at this time.