We are looking for a motivated and talented Assistant Media Planner to join our growing media department. The Assistant Media Planner position is entry level and represents the start of a media career. The AMP will be highly supervised by senior team members and is required to assist in the planning, implementing and maintaining of media campaigns. This position is essential to the day-to-day running of the media accounts and requires an individual that works well in a team-based, fast paced, detail-oriented environment. While advanced media thinking is not expected, the successful AMP is resourceful and demonstrates the initiative to participate in advanced projects. This is a tremendous opportunity to collaborate with all departments in the agency and grow, learn and be creative in a fast-paced environment.
Allen & Gerritsen is for you if you like to be inventive. If you like to do work that no one's ever done before. It's for people who need to know as much about everything as they possibly can and then realize there's so much more to learn. It's a place where physical and digital worlds come together to create real magic. A place where you can create more than ideas, you can create a greater understanding between people. A place where you don't need to spend time explaining, you can spend your time doing. Sound like you?
- Assist in development of media strategies and take a lead role in assimilation of research data and vendor specifications.
- Responsible for campaign set-up, account record keeping including insertion orders, vendor invoices, client authorizations, Advantage/vendor invoicing, and tracking report.
- Work with and understand the other a&g teams including Business Leadership, Accounting, Strategy, Creative and Analytics
- Work with Accounting to help manage campaigns
- Utilization of key media tools for client planning and management, (Strata, Adviews, Nieslen, Scarborough, MRI, Aribitron, comScore, DART, Kantar, etc.)
- Understand the benefits and roles of media channels, including TV, Radio, Print, Digital and OOH as well basic understanding of how offline media can be integrated with online and social media
- Stay up to date and be a resource on the latest news and technology that affects our industry and clients
- Bachelor’s degree in Advertising, Marketing, Communication or equivalent relevant experience
- Preferably some work experience or marketing-related internship
- Adaptable to change and demonstrates good time management and the ability to multi-task
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint knowledge
- Able to speak and write clearly and persuasively
- Effective time management and organizational skills, as well as strong attention to detail
Allen & Gerritsen (a&g) is a fiercely independent agency located in the cities where independence was born, Boston & Philadelphia. Innovation & culture drive its success. a&g runs its own innovation think tank (a&g Labs); curates its own branded entertainment (#afewgoodminutes); and embeds brands into cultural conversation through its brand newsroom. a&g was named by Ad Age as the Best Place to Work in U.S. Marketing & Media not once, but twice, and relishes working with great clients that always ask, "What's next?" For more information, including creative profiles, visit www.a-g.com or find the agency on Facebook and Twitter.
Allen & Gerritsen is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.